Monday, August 22, 2016

Feeling feline with Suse


Sorry about the title of this post, girls... but take a peek at my layout and you'll see why I chose 'feeling feline'! 

My little girl (Kitty: this is going to get confusing) has one dressing up costume that has out-lived numerous princess dresses and that's her velvet cat suit. Each time she's out-grown it, we've had to add extra trim to the hem of the legs - she just can't bear to part with it!


So when I saw this Crate Paper Cute Girl paper in our August kit, I just knew I had to document the story of her beloved cat costume.

Is it just me, or is this whole Cute Girl line just scrumptious?


I went a bit crazy with this embellishment cluster, but I do love the end result: all those fresh, zingy colours... it's the thing I love most about our Citrus Twist kits.


These chipboard titles from Dear Lizzy are just so strong, aren't they? I sometimes try and make my own titles in this sort of style by hand-painting words, but they never, ever look this good.


A favourite trick of mine is to tuck my journalling away on a tag in a glassine bag behind my photo... it keeps your thoughts a little bit more private, but also means you don't worry about spoiling your page with bad handwriting (I do envy those girls with lovely, loose handwriting, don't you?) 


As much as I love my white backgrounds for the fresh feel they give, I'd really recommend trying to use a full sheet of a fresh print like this one as your background - it gives your page a different - perhaps more 'finished' - feel. Have great days, friends!

2 comments: