Monday, May 22, 2017

Sunday Sketch with Wendy

Hello everyone!

Happy Sunday!  Do you love the weekly CTK (Citrus Twist Kits) Sunday Sketch as much as I do?  We can vote to equally agree, ha!

Even better you can take your weekly sketches, print them down mini size, and make them into a mini idea book you can quickly grab for inspiration.  Just a thought.
Ok, I digress, now on to the Sunday Sketch.


Now here's my take on the sketch...



I love to play around with lots of stamping and layers on my layouts.  So, this one was no exception.  Plus, the kit selections, CTK stamps, and CTK Exclusives makes it super easy to do so. I love to "mix-and-match" with product not only from the current CTK kits but also from past kits.  The kits are truly timeless to use now and/or later. 


I chose the phrase title "always dreaming of..." from ephemera in a previous kit and let it lead into my stamped "journaling" at the bottom of the page.  This is a favorite technique that I love and use often in my projects.  It's great when you don't have a lot of time for handwritten journaling yet you want to perfectly capture the moment in the photo(s).



Did you know there's even a CTK Stamp Grab Bag over in the shop?  So, you might be lucky to grab up some past stamp sets you missed from previous releases!  Some of these stamps used in my "journaling" above are even from 2015 and still fit in seamlessly strong with the stamp gangs from 2016 and 2017! Ha!


I also use a stamped phrase as part of my title work.  And the 2x3 Numbers stamp set over in the shop is perfectly sized for Pocket Life cards. 


Here I layered the edge of a Pocket Life card to peek from behind my picture.  So, I encourage you to think outside of your Pocket Life style pages.


On this piece of ephemera, I added some stamped stars and words to tie into my theme of the layout.  This Guest Check receipt was just too perfect not to use for my layout theme!


As a finishing touch, I loved this phrase on a Pocket Life card and decided to trim it to fit at the top of my layout along with a CTK exclusive Digital Cut-a-Part Label that you'll find in the kits.

To play along with this week's challenge, create a layout inspired by the sketch, upload it to the Citrus Twist Kits Gallery with the sketch date (5/21) in the title, and you might win a $5 gift certificate to the CTK store.  Easy peasy!

xx Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment