Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Tuesday Tutorial with Tara - Smooshing

Hello friends, I hope you had a good start to your week. It's Tara here sharing my "smooshing technique" -
making a bright background (resembles watercolor) that you can use numerous ways. I used this
technique today on smaller cards to give sunshine and encouragement to send off in the mail. The colors
in March's GraceBox kit were so beautiful and it worked well with this technique.


Here is a step by step guide to get you to smooshing. You will need:
  • Distress ink pads (you can test out other types of ink pads too!)
  • Plastic packaging (I keep all the Citrus Twist Kit’s stamp packaging)
  • Paper (I recommend heavier cardstock or watercolor/mixed media paper)
  • Spritzer/water bottle
  • Water 


First, grab an ink pad and stamp it directly onto the plastic. You will have to practice how many times you want to stamp the ink on the plastic to vary the intensity of the color.


Next, get a mister, spray bottle, or use a brush with some water and get some water on the stamped ink spots. Again, you will have to see how much or how little water you want to get the right color for your background. I practiced on some plain printer paper a few times, but usually I just wing it.


Now is the fun part! Carefully take your plastic and smoosh it onto your paper a few times. Feel free to add more water, more ink, and go crazy. The best part is you can never have too much color.


I added one of Amy Tangerine’s ‘Sunshine and Good Vibes’ die cuts and used the exclusive GraceBox stamps to add sentiments. I finished one card with a label sticker from the kit and some heart cork pieces from my stash.


Here is a look at the finished cards:


And a little closer look at each one:



I hope this inspired you to get more color on your layouts, bible journaling pages, and other fun projects.
Thank you for stopping by today.

Have a great week! Xxo - Tara

2 comments:

  1. What a fun thing! The cards look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! I hope to see you try this technique out soon :)

      Delete