Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Meet our May Guest Designer & Tuesday Tutorial with Ginny Hughes


Today we are so excited to share with you our May Guest Designer, Ginny Hughes!



My name is Ginny Hughes and I live in NH with my husband and 5 kids, ages 7 to 14. I work full time at hospital in Health Information Management and I spend my spare time sewing, reading, scrapbooking. Ha, just kidding my spare time is spent shuttling kids around! I don’t have a big scrap space but I am so grateful that I have a little room in our home to spend some quiet time. It is usually pretty messy but it is an organized mess. I use the typewriter & sewing machine all the time. My husband built me a huge desk and I love it! I am inspired by photos & stories so that is where I usually start and project. I used to only scrap 8.5x11 layouts, but more recently I have fallen in love with pocket pages and TN scrapping, it is fun to discover something new in a craft that I have been doing for many, many years. 


Q&A with Ginny

When did you start scrapbooking?

I started scrapbooking about 12 years ago, I have taken quite a few breaks over the years but I always come back!

What is something most people would not know about you?

 I have 5 kids, so I have plenty of things to scrap about just not a lot of time to scrap!

What are three scrapbooking products you can’t live without?

Enamel stickers of any shape, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher & a good grid paper. Pretty boring, but the basics never go out of style, right? 

What do you love about the Malibu kit?

I love the colors and those cut out labels were my fave!!

Finish this sentence - If you could see my scrapbooking space now..

You would wonder how I could get anything done in there! Haha, it’s a little messy right now. 





And now onto our Tuesday Tutorial..


-------------------------------------

I really love the clean lines of the stamp packaging and those little strips of color, so I wanted to use those in one of my projects this month. I tend to be drawn to subdued colors and I love anything with a grid pattern, so those were really calling to me. The first thing I did was to stamp some of the journaling boxes out and decide what I was going to stamp/journal.  



The TN spread that I made was pretty simple, but I love it! Sometimes I have issues journaling but I find that having little “homes” for the journaling makes it a bit easier for me. I can see myself getting so much use out of this stamp set, if I could I would eat tacos every single day. Seriously!





No comments:

Post a Comment